Top 9 Tips for Winterizing Your Home
A Home Value Preservation Blog Post
Learning to properly care for your home does more than just save money short-term and give you a more pleasant place to live: it preserves the value of your home, increasing the price you can get when it’s time to sell or refinance.
- Use weatherstripping on windows.
- Prevent air leaks under doors with sweep strips.
- Change your furnace filters.
- Get an energy audit from someone like The Airflow Experts 630-460-0979. Learn more about energy audits in our January newsletter.
- Program your thermostat to keep the temperatures comfortable when you’re home and save money when you’re not.
- Prevent cold air drafts and heat loss by installing a chimney balloon.
- Make sure your ceiling fans are running counter clockwise to push the hot air along the ceiling and toward the floor.
- Clean gutters to prevent icicles.
- Call your HVAC professional for a tune-up of your furnace or boiler. Don’t know anyone? Call us. We know the best in the industry.
Please email us any topics for our Home Value Preservation section.