Your perfect move-up home just came on the market and you need to sell your home, fast, so you can purchase your dream home. Or maybe a financial need presented itself, making a quick sale a necessity. Or maybe you’ve simply decided it’s time, and patience isn’t one of your top personality traits! There are many reasons why you might need or want to sell your home quickly. And there are 6 top tips for how you can make that happen.
- Price it right – the first time. If selling quickly is your top priority, playing games with pricing is not going to help. Be sure your real estate agent understands your priorities. If you price your home too high in the beginning, you’ll be chasing the market instead of leading it.
Tip: Pricing slightly below market value will result in an even faster sale.
- Curb appeal. The drive by is the most frequent first in-person view of your home. If your home doesn’t pass muster on the drive by, your potential buyer is never even going to see those beautiful built-ins or the brand new kitchen. Be sure your home is well-lit at night, the house numbers are easy to see and your porch and landscaping are clean and tidy.
- Staging. Take the time to stage your home properly. You may not want to spend the time or money on this important step, but proper staging can decrease your time on the market by a great deal. Remove all signs of pets. Get rid of clutter. De-personalize so the potential owners can imagine their own belongings in the home and photos on the walls. Make room in your closets. Consider hiring a professional stager to save time and get the job done right.
- Be easy peasy when it comes to showings. Be flexible with your timing, allowing potential buyers to see the home when they want, even if it means inconveniencing you a bit. Always leave the home when potential buyers are walking through. Balance how much you inconvenience yourself for showings with how urgently you wish or need to sell your home.
- Hire a professional photographer or be sure your real estate agent does. A few images snapped by your real estate agent on their smart phone are not going to do the job. A professional photographer will make your home look its best, increasing the number of potential buyers who go from picture viewing to walking through your home.
- Get a pre-inspection done. By identifying any issues in advance, the risk of losing a sale during the inspection process decreases greatly. A pre-inspection also saves time during the negotiation process.
Taking time to prepare in these ways may be difficult to do when you feel rushed, but it can save you time during the rest of the selling process, decreasing your total time on the market and helping you to sell your home, fast. Discover more selling tips in our past Housing News blog post. Contact us with questions.