Affordable Ways To Update Your Home For Spring
A Home Value Preservation Blog Post
Learning to properly care for your home does more than just save money short-term and give you a more pleasant place to live: it preserves the value of your home, increasing the price you can get when it’s time to sell or refinance.
Spring is finally here, and homeowners are busily clearing away all signs of winter. Painting is one affordable way to achieve a fresh new look for your home. Our friends Felipe and Erika at Exivisual, a painting and decorating company, recommend updating with a fresh coat of paint, inside and out. Even painting just one room can make a difference.
When choosing your painting professionals, be sure you confirm that, like our friends at Exivisual, your painters take care of you with these simple steps:
- Select a painter that offers a free color consultation in your home. Felipe and his team will paint a sample of a color or two on the wall for you, at no additional charge, so you can live with the colors for a few days and choose your favorite.
- Painters should take the time to protect furniture and floors.
- Check in advance to be sure that the painters intend to move furniture back to original locations and position pictures back to their original locations on the walls.
- Your painter should offer to purchase the paint for you and include that in their proposal unless you let them know that you would prefer to pick up the paint yourself.
- Choose a “green” company that uses environmental-friendly products and recycles tools and materials as possible.
Experts like Exivisual can help you renew the outside as well as the inside. Power-wash siding, patios, sidewalks, decks, driveways and fences. Treat woodwork. Have decks repaired, scraping old paint or stain and replacing pieces of rotten wood.
Felipe, President and Co-Owner of Exivisual has an artistic background and a sense for practical perfectionism. Exivisual Decopainting Corporation, a family-owned and operated painting company founded in 2001, serves commercial and residential customers in the Chicagoland area, including North Indiana and South Wisconsin. Commercial clients include PNC bank, Chipotle, TGI Fridays, Protein Bar, and Einstein Bagels. Services include preparing properties for realtors as part of the marketing and staging process.
Our Home Value Preservation section is just for you! What advice or tips can we provide for you? Please email us with your ideas. Our goal is to help homeowners enjoy their homes while preserving their home’s value.